- This event has passed.
Toss n Tell – 21 September 2019
21/09/2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Toss N Tell
21 September 2019
9:30am – Doors open
Please write your name in the Attendance Book and put $2 into money box towards tea, coffee, milk, biscuits and venue hire and take a raffle ticket, which puts you in the drawer for FeltWEST credit voucher.
10 am – 11.30 am – The Mini Workshop: CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS by Peta Korb
In this demonstration FeltWEST member Peta Korb will share some, ideas, tips and tricks in both needle and wet felting to create your own Christmas decorations. You will be shown the resist size and fibre layout to create a wet felted stocking, bauble and snowman and needle felting techniques to create a gnome, Santa and snowman.
Peta will have her Country Chicks Creations pop-up-shop in the main hall from 9.30am closing during demonstration and reopening again until 3pm. Needle and wet felting tools and fibres will be available as well as small kits for Christmas decorations and speciality fibres including locks.
Participants will have the opportunity to try out the methods demonstrated.
Please bring along:
- Wet Felting Equipment:
- Grip mat approx. 50cm x 90cm
- Medium thickness plastic approx. 50cm x 90cm
- Old towel, medium size
- Small container for water
- Your preferred soap and watering device
- Rubbing tool if you have one
- Resist material
- Small sharp scissors
- Wet Felting Fibre + Material:
- Wool tops (No more that 50g, 20 micron or less. Your colour choice for stocking and/or baubles.)
- White for wet felted snowman (not pictured)
- Small pieces of fabric suitable for nuno felting (for baubles)
- Any other specialty fibres you may want to include in your stocking or bauble. (Small quantities only needed.)
- Needle Felting Equipment:
- Needle felting needles
- Needle felting mat
- Needle Felting Fibre:
- Core wool no more than 50 grams
- Small quantities of merino or Corriedale in
- white, red, black, orange, blue
- your colour choice for gnome hat
- Locks your choice for gnome and Santa beard
11:45am to 12.30pm – Lunch and sharing felting news and new work.
12.30pm to 1:30pm – Library & Bookings will be open. Please return books and magazines each month.
12:30pm to 4pm – Felting time – more time for you to continue practicing what you learning in the morning, or work on your own felt project.
4:00pm – Pack n Clean
4:30pm – Close