- This event has passed.
Toss n Tell – 17 March 2018 – Fantasy Flowers
March 17 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This year we are doing things differently!
9:30am – Doors open – start felting!
10:00am – 11:30am – Fantasy Flowers: a hands on demonstration and mini workshop with Sara Quail.
This will entail making flowers with a simple resist and using directional felting / fulling techniques. The method is simple and will suit beginners, while a myriad of design possibilities, will appeal to more experienced felt-makers.
What to bring:
- Merino wool tops (or batts) in different colours – small amount, no more than 50gm in total. A good opportunity to use up odds and ends.
- water dispenser – ball brause or squirt bottle
- container for water/soap solution
- soap – olive bar or dishwashing liquid
- bubble wrap – no bigger than 50 x 30cm or 2 small pieces +/- 30cm square or your preferred felting mat & net
- scissors – small and sharp
- sushi mat, small bamboo blind or small piece of drawer liner
- tea towel / small towel
- teaspoon – (and no, there are not enough at craft house!)
- a decorative twig to attach flowers to, strong neutral thread to match, needle with sharp point and an eye big enough for the thread
- Very small amount of decorative fibres e.g. Silk, soy, tencil, viscose etc.
Resist material will be provided – courtesy of donation by Jill Jodrell
This will be an expanded version of our previous demonstrations but now includes a hands-on opportunity to try out the new technique under the guidance of a skilled tutor. Different felt techniques will be taught each month by our own experienced felt makers.
A free a mini-workshop – this will be an expanded version of our previous demonstrations but now includes a hands-on opportunity to try out the new technique under the guidance of a skilled tutor , Sara Quail. More details and materials list will be updated soon.
11:45am to 12.30pm – Lunch and sharing felting news and new work.
12.30pm to 1:30pm Library & Bookings will be open.
The following have been added to our library
- Gentle Threads by Judit Pocs
- The Art of Manipulating Fabric by Colette Wolff
- Filz Fun magazines x 2
- 3 x DvD s by Liz Evans: 126 Tips for Feltmakers, Pots and Pods & Layers for Feltmakers
- A leather toolkit for use by members at Craft House only.
12:30pm to 4pm – Felting time – more time for you to continue practicing what you learning in the morning, or work on your own felt project.
4:00pm – Pack n Clean
4:30pm – Close