- This event has passed.
Toss n Tell – 15 June 2019 – Inclusions and Multiple Resists with Martien van Zuilen
June 15 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Toss N Tell
15 June 2019
9:30am – Doors open
Please write your name in the Attendance Book and put $2 into money box towards tea, coffee, milk, biscuits and venue hire and take a raffle ticket, which puts you in the drawer for FeltWEST credit voucher.
10 am – 11.30 am – The Mini Workshop Inclusions and Multiple Resists with Martien van Zuilen
In this demonstration and hands-on session, Martien van Zuilen will share some of her methods and technical tips of incorporating inclusions and using multiple resists in felt works. These methods are applicable to both 2D and 3D work. You can create a sample using one or various of the methods shown – the idea is to explore, be creative and attend to making well-structured felt. Suited to all levels of experience.
To partake in the hands-on session, please bring the following:
- Grip-mat, approximate size 50 cm by 90 cms (no large pieces please as you will be sharing a table)
- Wool, micron count 20 or less. approximately 50 grams will be plenty!
- Old towel, medium size
- Plastic ice-cream container or similar; 2 litre size is ideal – please do not bring a bucket
- Your preferred soap and watering device
- One wooden dowel, approx. 50 cms long (part of an old broomstick is ideal)
- a rubbing tool (such as a Palm Washboard™ or similar)
No other equipment is needed – it will be supplied by Martien.
Martien will also bring her popular Pop-Up Shop Colourant Dyeworks – Hand-dyed fine merino wool, silk fibres, hankies, and fabrics, wool nepps, natural undyed fibres and more!). She will also bring an additional array of wool and other felting fibres that she is selling for a song! 😊
11:45am to 12.30pm – Lunch and sharing felting news and new work.
12.30pm to 1:30pm – Library & Bookings will be open.
12:30pm to 4pm – Felting time – more time for you to continue practicing what you learning in the morning, or work on your own felt project.
4:00pm – Pack n Clean
4:30pm – Close