- This event has passed.
The Art of Adornment: post Fulling Embellishment with Soosie Jobson
October 5 @ 9:30 am - October 6 @ 4:30 pm
THE ART OF ADORNMENT: Post Fulling Embellishment
with Soosie Jobson
Dates: Saturday 5 October – Sunday 6 October 2019
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Alexander Park Craft House, Clyde Road, Menora (Perth)
Cost: $145 for the 2-day workshop for FeltWEST members
- Morning and afternoon tea provided. Please BYO lunch.
- A materials list will be sent out to all participants 4 weeks prior to the class.
- As you’ll be working with finished felt, materials costs for this workshop are low.
- A small Tutor Materials Fee of $10 will include a kit of materials and access to paints. Please pay Soosie on the first day of the workshop.
- Soosie is more than happy to discuss projects before the workshop. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Soosie in a post fulling embellishment journey. In this workshop we will take several pieces of already beautiful felt and lavish another layer of beauty upon them! Using a variety of textile techniques that are particularly suitable for felt, we will extend the finished surface beyond fulling. Over the course of the workshop we will take these pieces and work through the layers of colour and shape to bring the art of adornment to felt.
The skills we will cover are suitable for both wearables and objects:
- Design techniques including colour & pattern theory, layering, design elements & cohesion, abstract vs concrete, negative space, and odd vs even.
- Many textile painting & foiling techniques.
- Make stamps, stencils, mini block prints, masking, tools, jigs, & templates.
- Stitching & beading for effect.
No previous experience required for the adornment but your felt MUST be properly fulled. We are not making the felt in the workshop – this must be made prior to the workshop. At least 3 pieces full description of the felt is in the materials list.
A cancellation policy applies.
ABOUT Soosie Jobson
Soosie is an obsessive maker who resides in her studio everyday with her trusty sidekick and quality controller Delilah Cheese Head Banana Dog – a mini schnauzer who approves with a whimsical woof or disapproves with a gravelly grumble; Delilah has discerning taste. And when both Soosie and Delilah need a pick me up they scoot off to their favourite café in Freo on their bright red Vespa for a coffee or maybe two.
No matter what medium Soosie and Delilah work in the colour palette and texture is always inspired by the amazing Western Australian environment. Memories of many camping trips inform the pieces although Delilah doesn’t like camping that much as she gets red dirt in her fur
For all queries, please email the Feltwest Workshop Co-ordinator at email@example.com.
For details of the Refund Policy click here