- This event has passed.
Special Selling Opportunity
01/12/2017 @ 10:00 am - 14/12/2017 @ 5:00 pm
Great Selling Opportunity for FeltWEST Members P UP
Feltwest will be running a Pop Up Shop at Midland Junction Arts Centre
from 1-14 December 2017
Here is your chance to get out all your handmade felted products that you have been hoarding and sell them before Xmas. We would like as many members as possible to share in this one off opportunity.
To assist in paying the costs of the shop we will deduct 10% of each entrant’s total sales at the end of the event . There will be a minimum fee of $10 per member when you hand in your inventory.
All sales will be on a cash basis only.
There are ATM facilities available at the shopping mall next door.
Each member who submits work for sale must be prepared to manage the shop on a roster basis – 2 people per day.
Hours: Tuesday – Friday from 10am – 5pm.
Your felted products must get to an organiser before or on 28 November
Goods will be accepted on Tuesday 7th November and Saturday 18thNovember ( Feltwest Christmas Party lunch ) at Craft House
When you hand in your items;
Please use and print out the Feltwest inventory forms. Fill in each code and item number in their correct order, as well as description and price.
Description of the item should include the main colour of the item, size and any distinguishing features. Keep it simple. e.g. small nuno scarf, blue with beads.
Note: Inventory Forms will be sent out in reply to your email to an organiser letting them know you intend to submit work for this event and hopefully will soon be down loadable from the website.
Download Inventory form here Pop Up Shop Inventory 2017
- All pieces need swing tags with a personal code. This could be your initials or the initials of your business name. e.g. Hannah Dickson=H D.
- Each piece also needs an individual item number. If you do multiples of something, they all must have an individual number. e.g. five felt brooches would be HD1, HD2, and so on.
- Please consider your swing tag, it provides a link between you and your product. A well considered tag reflects quality and professionalism. It can be something simple as long as it is clear and looks good.
- Swing tags should be appropriately sized to the product. A small piece should not be overshadowed by a large tag. Make a smaller tag that is appropriately sized for the piece.
- Please attach your tags securely (if tags come away from item they will not be able to be put out for sale). Please do not use dress pins or staples to secure tags.
- Place the tag in a discreet position. On a large wrap or scarf attach the tag closer to the middle rather than the outside where it will catch and potentially be torn off.
Every entrant must make themselves available to share the management of the shop with 2 people on duty each day, Tues – Friday from 10 am – 5pm.
That means we will have 8 days to operate.
We plan to have a sample table and basic felting demo to attract people into the shop. This will take place on a large verandah right at the main entrance to the Arts Centre and attached to our shop space. One person will be doing the demo and 1 person will attend to the shop.
All products need to be well presented with swing tags, and placed in a lidded plastic waterproof container, along with the completed inventory. The container should be the right size for the amount of work. Please keep the box size as small as possible.
Please print your name and contact number on the container.
All your felt products and everything on the checklist need to be delivered to a PoP Up Shop organiser (see names listed below) by Saturday 18 November (Feltwest Christmas party). Your work will be checked off to match your inventory and the inventory form completed.
Whilst every care will be taken to look after all items, Feltwest cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of any items.
Any questions or to arrange an alternative drop please contact an organiser of the Pop Up Shop.
Marion Finneran Kerry Bertucci
0498 031 063 0417 093 732
Dianella S. Perth
0411 277 830
CHECKLIST:CONTACT DETAILS: __________________________________________________
ENTRY FEE – $ 10 CASH to be paid when you hand in your items.
ROSTER DATE: ______________________________
PICK UP DETAILS: _________________________________
You can collect your work or ask someone to collect it for you on Saturday 16th December at Craft House between 9 am -1pm.