- This event has passed.
Leather Works enhancing your felt with Leather: Sold Out!!!!
September 2 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm$50.00
Register & Pay here from 15th July. Remember to log in first. Numbers are limited so the workshop is restricted to current members only. If you miss out and want to go onto a waiting list, email the workshop coordinator.
For all queries, questions or clarifications please email the Feltwest Workshop Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how to give a professional finish to your felt objects by adding leather handles, flaps and trimmings. We will be making a small clutch style bag and, time permitting, a purse.
Numbers are limited to 10, so get in quick to reserve your place.
This workshop will be run by Rebecca Fogarty from Hammered Leatherworks and will be held at the Leather Direct workshop in Osborne Park. Rebecca is very experienced in teaching the skills of working with leather hand tools, and will bring along sets of tools for us to use in the workshop together with hardware such as rivets and magnetic closures. The workshop will cover:
- Introduction to leather. The types available and the traditional uses of them.
- Introduction to tools. What and when to use them.
- Introduction to hardware. Options and how to use them.
- Machine stitching and hand stitching on leather including guidance on using stitching chisels and hole punches.
Participants will need to provide their ow felt, and will have the opportunity to add leather handles and trimmings such as corners, edges, pockets, closures etc. to make a small bag and or purse.
You will need to bring along finished felt. The felt should be very well felted and approx 3-4mm thick. Please bring:
- Either a flat piece of felt approx 40x60cm, and your sewing machine.
- Or a small felted pouch approx 25×30 cms, and a felted pouch approx 10×15 cms. Dimensions can vary depending on what you want to make – eg ipad or phone pouch.
- and don’t forget your lunch!