- This event has passed.
FeltWEST will be at the Perth Royal Show 2019 – September 28 to October 5
September 28 - October 5$25
FeltWEST is excited to have again been offered a large stand at the Perth Royal Show in September. The Royal Show will provide an excellent opportunity to showcase the art of felting to the public AND promote & sell the work of FeltWEST members.
The Perth Royal Show will run over 8 consecutive days; over the past few years it has averaged attendance numbers ranging between 320,000 and 450,000 people. It is a wonderful opportunity to showcase our art and passion for felting to a very diverse audience by way of an enticing display, sale of works and daily felting demonstrations.
ALL members of FeltWEST are encouraged to make works to enter for the display. A dedicated sub-committee has commenced preparations to make it all possible.
- Anyone who is a financial member of FeltWEST at the time of the 2019 Royal Show is encouraged to enter handcrafted felted items for the display.
- Works can include wearables, fashion accessories, 2D and 3D items of any scale. The works can be functional, decorative, sculptural – anything goes!
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of works that can be submitted per person – the more the merrier;
- Entry fee for participation in the FeltWEST stand is $25 per person – this low, flat fee is set to cover costs and overheads incurred by FeltWEST;
- All works entered must be for sale and a 20% commission applies (15% is payable to RASWA and 5% to FeltWEST);
- Items must be predominantly hand-made felt (wet felting or needle felting). Ie. items that are predominantly non-felted (ie. a felted trim or handle to a predominantly other material) will not be accepted;
- All work must be well-felted and finished; items that do not meet this requirement will not be accepted for display;
- Items must be presented ready for installation – if it is a wall piece a hanging device must be included (rod, string, hook);
- Royal Agricultural Society (WA) guidelines stipulate that there is to be strictly no selling of fibres and no promotion of external sites for the purchase of fibres;
- We are also not able to accept items that have an electrical cord attached; but battery-operated items are OK!
- Anyone who enters work is expected to volunteer for at least two 6-hour shifts on the FeltWEST stand during the 8 days of the Show. There are no exceptions; it takes a lot of people to look after a large stand at a busy event, BUT…it will be a lot of fun! Entry tickets to the Show (value $25 each) will be made available free of charge to all volunteers who abide this requirement;
- FeltWEST members who are not entering work are also VERY WELCOME to volunteer their time for the roster;
- All works entered will have to have a FeltWEST sales label attached (these labels will be provided free of charge by FeltWEST well ahead of time). When works are sold, this label is removed at the point of sale for record keeping purposes. Tags will include the FeltWEST logo, sale number, maker’s name, item description and price (including 20% commission);
- Any wearable items must also include a ‘care-label’ (this is a requirement by law);
- Members are encouraged to include an additional personal label/tag (with their name, website, business info, items description & materials, etc) – people who purchase our work will appreciate this information;
- Packaging materials for sold items (bags, tissue paper) will be provided by FeltWEST (and carry the FeltWEST logo); and
- The organising committee reserves the right to not display works that do not adhere to the aims of the Association or regulations set by RASWA.
Regular updates about how to enter works will be provided at meetings and via E-newsletters. The main date for YOUR DAIRY is September 21 (FeltWEST meeting day) which is the Final Date for handing in your work.
For now, we suggest you get out your wool and other fibres and fabrics and start planning your entries – the sky is the felting limit!
The Perth Royal Show working party consists of Peta Korb (0419 447 325 firstname.lastname@example.org), Marion Finneran (0498 031 063 email@example.com), Margaret Bryan, Martien van Zuilen (firstname.lastname@example.org)and Jean McKenzie (JeanMcKenzie_848@hotmail.com).