- This event has passed.
Beyond Felting with Eva Camacho-Sánchez – one spot opened up
17/07/2019 @ 9:30 am - 19/07/2019 @ 4:30 pm
Beyond Felting with Eva Camacho-Sánchez – on spot left
SILK + WOOL + PAPER
- Dates: Wednesday 17 July – Friday 19 July 2019
- Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Venue: Alexander Park Craft House, Clyde Road, Menora (Perth)
- Cost: $320 for the workshop for FeltWEST members
- Refreshments: Morning and afternoon tea provided. Please BYO lunch.
- A materials list will be sent out to all participants 4 weeks prior to the class,
- Approximate materials cost is $35-$125. Chances are you have enough wool and fabric scraps in your stash. The higher price will only apply if your cupboards are bare.
- Mulberry paper will be available for purchase from Eva at a cost of approx. $7.50-$15/sheet
During this three-day workshop, students will learn how to create a textured and unique surface by felting merino wool onto mulberry paper, and vice-versa. Paper is a material that provides certain tactile qualities, while adding more structure to the felt. Students will learn how to combine these two materials, how to trap the mulberry paper into the surface with wool, and how to felt both of them together. Students will use this technique to create several 12”x12” pieces, which can later be applied to garments, accessories and other felted work.
This workshop is for intermediate level felters – though beginners are welcome.
Enrol now to secure your place. A cancellation policy applies.
ABOUT Eva Camacho-Sánchez
Eva Camacho-Sánchez is a fibre artist born and raised in Andalucía, Spain, now living in western Massachusetts, USA. Her work is the result of the fusion of the ancient art form of feltmaking with modern techniques to create new and elegant styles. She uses 100% natural and biodegradable materials, where possible locally-sourced and sustainable, with an emphasis on low environmental impact and creative processes such as reduced water consumption. Camacho-Sánchez usually starts by hand-dyeing the wool fibres (with natural dyes she has created herself from plant matter), which are then felted together with fine silk. To create patterns on the silk, she uses techniques such as free motion embroidery, hand-stitching, beading and printing. Although she is devoted to felt, Eva is equally intrigued by other mediums, fibres and fabrics.
ALL IMAGES Copyright Eva Camacho-Sánchez
For all queries, please email the Feltwest Workshop Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details of the Refund Policy click here