- This event has passed.
Beginners Workshop June 16th
June 16 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$40.00
Members: Workshop Booking click here
Non Members: Workshop Booking & Membership Bundle click here
Feltwest beginner’s classes aim to teach the basics of the wet felting technique with merino wool, and how these can be adapted to make differing forms.
At the conclusion of the workshop, the participants will:
- Understand the qualities of ‘good felt’
- Understand the difference between a pre-felt, and fully felted piece
- Understand how and why wool felts, and factors affecting different shrinkage rates
- Understand that wool from different sheep breeds can be felted and will produce felt of differing qualities
- Be able to pull wool and lay out finely and evenly
- Be able to wet felt a sample square using the rolling technique
- Be able to full a felt sample by tossing, scrunching and hand rolling, and options of using different tools such as washing boards.
Classes will be of 3 hours duration with a maximum of 6 students per tutor, eg 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Participants are encouraged to come along early from 9.30am to meet Feltwest members and join in the morning activity.
Feltwest can provide sample packs of wool for $10.
- Workshops held at Craft House Alexander Park, Clyde Street, Menora, WA.
- 1pm to 4pm
- beginners workshop materials list
- BYO Lunch